Known for her blonde beach waves, super toned abs and illuminating smile, Kate Hudson is the perfect image of optimum health and beauty. Even having two children hasn’t left a taint on her slender figure. So, what is her secret? Today, she reveals her weight loss secrets to Fabletics, giving us a glimpse into her diet and fitness regimen. With a bit of sweat and discipline, your beach body is only a couple of weeks away!
Kate’s Diet Secret: Portion Control
Kate strongly believes that beauty shines from the inside. If a body is not fed well, then it will lose its radiance. As such, it is important to not let yourself slip into starvation mode, and instead, fill your body with healthy, beauty-boosting foods. Here are a few of Kate’s tips:
- Avoid oily, processed and fried foods, as they are very high in unhealthy fat. Instead, opt for foods packed with minerals, vitamins and other vital nutrients, especially Iron.
- Remember to include healthy fats in your diet, such as olive oil, avocados, fish and seeds, in order to help your brain cells carry out all of their tasks efficiently.
- Indulge in all kinds of foods, but practice portion control. Keep your portion sizes small, so that you don’t end up with a surplus of calories. When Kate needs to shed weight, for example, she keeps her daily calorie intake at 1500. The amount of calories you need, however, is dependent on your size and metabolism.
- Reach for the yogurt. Kate tries to include yogurt in her meals once or twice a day. It’s a great way of maintaining a healthy gut.
- Detoxify with a juice diet once or twice a year.
Tip: To lose weight healthily, start slowly decreasing your calorie intake by 150 calories day-by-day until you reach 1500 calories per day (or more/less depending on your physique and metabolism). You can do this by skipping dessert or cutting out a snack, for example. Just be careful not reach the point of being very hungry, as this will have the opposite effect on weight loss. If you have increased you workout regimen, try to up your protein intake by consuming such foods as chicken, eggs and yogurt.
As the temperature climbs, it’s important to drink plenty of fluids. Check out our blog on healthy and delicious water recipes for Kate-approved hydration!
Kate’s Fitness Secret: Discipline
Kate is extremely passionate about staying fit. She goes through intense workouts on a daily basis. Here are a few of her favourite exercises:
- Kate carries a skipping rope around with her, which she enjoys whenever she has some free time.
- Pilates is one of Kate’s favourite workouts, which she practices five times a week. She not only praises it for refining her posture but also for building her core strength.
- In order to lose her post-baby weight, Kate did exercises, such as yoga, Pilates, running and hiking, twice a day for six days a week.
Tip: Up the frequency and intensity of your workouts step-by-step. To lose weight fast, aim to exercise three times a week, before boosting your performance to six days a week. Importantly, have fun. Choosing a workout you enjoy will motivate you to maintain and increase your exercise routine much more.
Visit our #ReadyForTheBeach hub for more clean eating, wellbeing and fitness tips.
Good luck! Once you’re beach body ready, reward yourself with one of our sexy swimsuits from our swimwear and beachwear collection, or a colourful performance set in our new rainforest-inspired Geo Print!