Easter is around the corner, and we’ve already got our minds set in spring holiday mode! Whether you’re planning to lounge on the beach or simply sip cocktails poolside, you’re sure to get noticed thanks to our Swimwear Guide! We know how hard it is to find the right swimsuit for your body. That’s why we’ve gone through our swim collection and found the best fits for four different body types. Start shopping your shape!
Strawberry Shape: Large Bust
Celebrity Examples: Katy Perry, Kim Kardashian, Sofia Vergara
Your Body Type: Your shoulders are wider than your waist and hips, and your bust is on the large side.
Your Goal: Drawing less attention to your bust area.
- Opt for swimwear with bra-sizing, similar to your regular bras.
- Tops with thicker, adjustable straps and an underwire offer the support you need.
- Higher backs help keep the ladies up.
- Moulded cups offer extra support.
We Recommend: The Marietta Bikini
Pear Shape: Small Bust
Celebrity Examples: Kate Hudson, Cara Delevigne, Rihanna
Your Body Type: Your hips are wider than your waist and shoulders, and your bust is on the small side.
Your Goal: Accentuating your bust area.
- Go for eye-catching tops, with original prints, ruffles and embellishments.
- Opt for triangle tops, which create the illusion of curves.
- Offer extra lift with padded push-up and halter tops.
- Embrace bandeaus!
We Recommend: The Seaholm Bikini
Our co-founder, Kate Hudson, knows how to choose the right outfits to suit her petite figure and small bust. If you’re pear-shaped, make sure you check out Kate’s Picks!
Rectangle Shape: Athletic
Celebrity Examples: Jessica Biel, Jennifer Aniston, Cameron Diaz
Your Body Type: Your shoulders, hips and waist are all about the same width.
Your Goal: Defining your waist and highlighting your curves.
- Emphasise your curves with a monokini or one-piece with slashes or cut-outs.
- Opt for a smaller bikini bottom to create the illusion of a curvier bum.
- Opt for tops and bottoms with bold prints, ruffles and feminine embellishments.
We Recommend: The Brielle One Piece
Apple Shape: Stomach-concealing
Celebrity Examples: Elizabeth Hurley, Jennifer Hudson, Catherine Zeta-Jones
Your Body Type: Your waist is wider than your shoulders and your hips.
Your Goal: Slimming out your middle.
- Opt for high-waisted or tankini styles to help smooth out your middle. 50s retro is back!
- Trim your waist with a surplice-wrap silhouette, or distract attention from your middle with a stylish tunic or knotted tank.
- Define your waist and hide any bulges with shirring.
We Recommend: The Valentina Rashguard
Now, it’s up to you! Check out our brand new Swim Shop to find your perfect fit today.
Was this guide helpful? Tell us your thoughts in a comment below! ?