I can’t resist Magnolia Bakery’s legendary banana pudding and amazing Bundt Cake. This recipe is perfect for a bunny-shaped Easter Cake, especially because the club soda makes it so light and fluffy!
Bunny Bundt Cakes
- 345 g unsalted butter, softened
- 575 g sugar
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- 300 g all-purpose flour
- 180 ml carbonated water
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease and lightly flour a bunny-shaped Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter and the sugar until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the flour in thirds, alternating with the carbonated water, beating after each addition until smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract and the lemon zest and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake 70-80 minutes until golden brown or a cake tester inserted into centre of cake comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in pan for 20 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
And, here’s a recipe for the adults!
Truffle Devilled Eggs
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 160 g mayonnaise
- 1 ½ teaspoons truffle oil
- A pinch of cayenne
- Chopped chives
- Boil 6 eggs. Cool completely and cut in half, removing the yolks.
- Mash the egg yolks, mayonnaise and truffle oil together.
- Spoon into the egg whites.
- Top with a pinch of cayenne and chopped chives.