There’s no better time to clean up your diet when you’re cleaning out your fridge at the same time. Below are healthy replacements for some of your favourite fridge essentials.
1. Creamy Salad Dressings- These dressings are high in calories and full of fat. Instead, choose balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, or olive oil.
2. Juices- Stock your fridge with whole organic local fruits! They’ll keep you fuller longer and contain fewer calories than sugary juice.
3. Fizzy drinks- These contain pure sugar, have no nutritional value, and are a waste of calories. Choose either flavoured water, carbonated water, or quench your thirst with pure h2o!
4. Sour Cream- Replace sour cream with Greek yoghurt. Greek yoghurt is versatile and is similar in taste and texture… plus it has more protein and less fat.
5. Iceberg lettuce- Iceberg lettuce carries very little nutritional value. Veggies like spinach and kale are packed with Vitamins K, A, and C as well as calcium and iron.
6. Mayonnaise- Avocado Spread is a great source for folate and Vitamin E, and is also much lower in calories! Plus, it is packed with mono-unsaturated fat that will decrease your stomach pouch, help your heart, and lower your cholesterol.
Small, simple changes can lead to big results, so get ready to clean!