[tps_header]Autumn is my favourite time of year – I can’t get enough of the crisp air, changing leaves, and of course, the major influx of apple-inspired recipes. Bonus: apples are not only naturally delicious, but they are also loaded with vitamins and minerals, too![/tps_header]
Health benefits of apples include (but are not limited to)
• They have about 4g of insoluble fibre per medium apple (that’s 1/6 of your daily requirement!)
• They’re loaded with Vitamin C
• They aid in weight loss by satisfying hunger and keeping you full
• They help lower your risk for heart disease, diabetes and stroke
• They keep your teeth healthy (If you can’t brush after lunch, crunch on an apple!)
Apples are everywhere, so there is sure to be one that you will enjoy! Some of the most popular varieties include:
• Granny Smith
• Red Delicious
• Golden Delicious
• Pink Lady
• And MANY, MANY more!
So what do you do once you have selected your favourite apple? You bake with it, of course! Next is a tasty autumn apple recipe that is both healthy and simple. Enjoy!